5 reasons why Isla Mujeres and Cancun Vacations are the best
When you take a family vacation it’s most important that you’re able to both relax, and find suitable activities. This is why Cancun and the Isla Mujeres make the very best twin vacation spots. This is especially the case if you live in the USA and Canada where you’ll have access to plenty of cheap, direct flights to Mexico. Flights from Europe are becoming more affordable, however! The close proximity of the Isla Mujeres to Cancun makes them the perfect combination!
While most people prefer to stay in Cancun where they can take full advantage of the nightlife, bars, and gourmet restaurants found within the city the Isla Mujeres is only a short boat trip away.
Activities to enjoy in Cancun and Isla Mujeres
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship: the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship offers day and night cruises to fun lovers and adventurers of all ages. During the day the cruise offers beach games and songs as well as breakfast and lunch. The night cruise, by comparison, offers fireworks, and open bar, and a vibrant show to enjoy.
- Snorkelling, swimming and diving: the reefs, cenotes, and shallows of Cancun and the Isla Mujeres provide a veritable playground for marine enthusiasts of all descriptions and levels of experience.
- Captain Dulces Museum: lovers of history will find this unique little museum quite wonderful. The full tour takes only twenty-five minutes and is free to all so it’s well worth a look, but the real gem at Captain Dulces is the private beach and bar which you can make use of after your tour.
- Chichen Itza and Tulum: the historical sites within travelling distance of Cancun and Isla Mujeres are truly wonderful, but the most notable are the ancient ruins of Tulum and Chichen Itza. These Mayan ruins are steeped in history.
- MUSA: the underwater museum of art is a sight truly unique to the waters of Cancun and Isla Mujeres. You can dive or snorkel to enjoy it, if you wish, or hire a glass bottomed boat if you’d prefer to stay dry.