Deciding what to bring to Mexico on vacation needn’t be stressful, in fact it’s probably one of the less stressful jobs on your to do list, in the long run. Why, then, do so many of us cringe and sigh at the very thought of packing? Maybe because we’re not sure of just what we might need, or how to fit it all in?
Well, never fear, many of the things you might need (and might forget) will be available in the tourist spots once you get there! In places like Puerto Vallarta and Cancun, there will be stores, supermarkets, and malls where you can get everything you might need.
There are a few things, of course, that you should bring enough of just to be 100% sure that you don’t run out.
Packing Tips for a Vacation to Mexico
Make sure you bring:
- Medications such as EpiPens, antidepressants, and insulin.
- Sun creams, especially if you use specific types for allergy prone, or sensitive skin.
- A kindle or tablet
- A camera (preferably waterproof, to catch all that snorkelling based fun)
- Summer clothes and swimsuits
- Light shawls or sweaters for the evening
- A few pairs of shoes/sandals
- A pair of tennis or walking shoes
- A small bottle of perfume or aftershave
A few things you won’t need to buy, as they can be found cheaply in Mexico, are;
- Beach towels
- Sun hats
- Insect repellent
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Traveller’s cheques (hard to switch, impossible to spend).
Just remember that packing for a vacation to Mexico is the means to an end here; namely the means to getting away on vacation, and it needn’t be hard. If you’re worried about taking too much you could try putting some of the heavier stuff into your carry-on luggage, or deciding on a color scheme to minimize the clothes (and shoes!) you’ll need.
If you can think of any other essentials or packing tips for a vacation to Mexico, then please leave a comment below.